Thursday, March 20, 2003



This little piggy went to Halcyon...
indulgences
Julie and I took a little road trip yesterday up to Halcyon Yarn in Bath, Maine. Ahhh, what a lovely place to lose oneself in fiberly dreams.

Julie picked some succulent Gedifra New Age for a woven baby blanket, and then I picked out some basic Cottolin yarn for, oh I don't know, six dozen woven dishtowels that may or may not ever come to fruition. But with colors like these, who cares?

Halcyon has these yarns neatly displayed across an entire wall, like a giant candy shop with jar after jar of brightly colored sweets. They were impossible to resist.

When I got them home, I was so impatient to play with these that I created a makeshift loom out of a pad of Knit Notes, using a darning needle to weave a small and pitiful swatch just for the heck of it.

Tomorrow I head back home to Stella (my loom) for some serious warping action. It may all sound trivial, but it keeps me grounded when the bigger world gets scary, as it is right now.

No comments: