Wednesday, June 1, 2005

Clara's WindowClara's Window has reopened for another season! For those of you new to the whole story, I'll give it to you in a nutshell. The space where I learned to knit as a child, which was the general store in Robert McCloskey's One Morning in Maine, became available a few years ago. Led by heart alone, I quickly contacted the building's owner and signed a lease. And then thought about what I'd actually do with the space.

After much thought, I decided to use it for a small summer shop. A specialty boutique sort of place where you could stock up on bubble bath, fountain pens, pretty notecards, English teacups, tasty jams and candies... you know, girly-girl stuff. Not a yarn store, although it does have needlepoint kits. And I decided to name it after my blog. Clara's Window.

Right now it's only open on Fridays and Saturdays, because the town is empty and my plate is full. But in July and August, it's heave-ho five days a week, feeding KR with every other extra minute I can find.

enough already!On Monday the weather was dreary (as it has been for the last 26 days) so I decided to do a little Memorial Day stash inventory. In particular, I wanted to bring my handspun out of the shadows and into one spot.

Holy schla-moly. Am I the only one who has 10,000 little skeins of yarn sitting around, each one far too short for any reasonable project? This is just a corner of the stash, which took up my entire living-room floor. Absurd! Shameful!

What to do?!

No comments: