Thursday, June 3, 2004

Goodness, it's been too long since my last post. The festival was a great success (as described here, at least the clean parts!), and I returned home briefly before setting off again. This time, to NY for the National Stationery Show. I found all sorts of goodies for Clara's Window, the physical store, and I got some valuable insight into the card business as far as my own cards are concerned.

Overall, good stuff.

U.S. Airways cancelled my flight home at about 9:30pm, so I rented a car at LaGuardia and pulled an all-nighter back to Portland instead. Eventually I made it back home home, where it was time to prep my store for its May 28 opening.

WHEW!

So that's what I've been up to. Never a dull moment, I tell you...

The opening weekend was a great success, and now I'm trying to settle in to my new summer schedule. It's always a little hard to reclaim 34 hours a week to keep my shop open, while maintaining a steady uninterrupted pace on all other fronts. Suffice it to say, the garden may suffer.

What has everyone else been doing? Regale me with your tales!

No comments: