Friday, July 18, 2003

One of the privileges of running KR is that I get to hear from readers all over the world. Most of the time they are interesting, thoughtful, considerate, and helpful. Other times they provide a deep splinter into the flesh of an otherwise decent day.

This missive was waiting for me this morning. It comes to us from nwcrafts@juno.com. Because she gave me permission to share her words with other readers, I thought I'd do so here:

"clara, just read your review re: patternworks. a comment and question:
you must be on their payroll somehow. so how much did they pay you for
the review you wrote? the glowing customer comments are all over 2 years
old, their website rarely - and i do mean rarely - works, and their store
in center harbor is still not open though they've been announcing the
opening since nov 2002 (hello this is a resort area. it's mid-july and
the season here is nearly half over).

i live just a few miles from keepsake (not keepsale) quilting and looked
forward to a quality yarn store in NH's lakes region. but i guess i'll
have to continue to travel to portsmouth and exeter to smaller and lesser
known shops that understand the importance of true customer service and
follow through (i.e., stores that are open; websites that work -- in other
words, real businesses).

in praising patternworks, you provide a real disservice to anyone who
visits your site. shame on you."

And any of you who know me will also know that I've never, ever, ever received a dime from any company in exchange for a review, ever, period. It's unprofessional of me to reveal just how much this kind of accusation bugs me, but there you have it. I'm bugged.

However, the Patternworks review was out of date and I've pulled it from KR. Thanks, nwcrafts@juno.com!

No comments: