Tuesday, September 3, 2002

Well, the afterglow of my post-boutique-launch ice cream and Rowan fest has faded. Some of the Rowan patterns were interesting but overall a tad too Guess-Jeans-models-get-stranded-on-a-desert-island-and-must-fend-for-themselves-ish. You can see pics at Rowan's site now. Then I checked out the Jaeger collection and felt equally out of place, since I'm not a soccer mom and I don't wear sleeveless sequined tops to the opera.

Sigh...

But today I had another reason to celebrate. I finally met Julie, the unbelievably creative blogstress who shares her trials and tribulations with us via World of Julie. She had just acquired an absolutely beautiful old loom -- complete with the previous owner's yarn, tools, and literature collection -- and had it set up in a sunny back room of her house. After just a few passes on the loom I was hooked. It was the fiber-lover's equivalent of sitting down at a Steinway and getting to play.

In Julie's abundant spare time (note sarcasm) she also happens to be a talented book binder. I can't wait to see where all these gifts take her, since we'll all get to benefit from them. In other words, start another penny jar because one day you'll be able to acquire a Julie original. (Original what? We'll have to wait and see!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.